- Behavioral and Experimental Economics
- Business Economics and Industrial Organization
- Economic and Business History
- Finance and Accounting
- Labour, Public, Development and Health Economics
- Macroeconomics and International Economics
- Management and Organization Studies
- Operations Management
- Statistics, Econometrics and Quantitative Methods
The Financial Economics and Accounting research group aspires to be a key centre on the international sphere. The members spread their research through publications in the most prestigious magazines, including Journal of Political Economy, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Business Ethics, European Accounting Review, and in books published by M.I.T. Press, Oxford University Press, Kluwer Academic Publishing, and Routledge.
This research activity is complemented and reinforced by the interactions between teaching and consulting. On a teaching basis this is at an executive-level view, and is presented in the Master's Programme at the Institut d’Educació Continuada, and in the Graduate Program in Economics and Management (GPEFM) MSc Finance through the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
Through consulting activities, researchers are involved in international work in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Tunisia, and cooperate with Cuatrecasas Law Firm, the European Central Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, KPMG, the World Bank, and many other organisations.
The research group compiles ratios and indicators for studies on the evolution of financial and economical prospects of companies and sectors, among other works, at the requests of both the Department of Economics and Business and the Spanish Ministry of Innovation, Universities and Enterprise.
Specific fields of excellence within the research group include:
- Bank regulations
- Central Banks
- Analysis of efficient borders
- Companies’ investing behaviour
- Ethical aspects of the accounting information