Research interests: high-dimensional covariance matrix estimation,
graphical models, convex optimization, algebraic and combinatorial methods in statistics.
Editorial responsibilities: Biometrika,
Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Algebraic Statistics.
- Postdoc positions in Barcelona: High-dimensional statistics for network & graphical models analysis.
- IMSI program on Algebraic Statistics: consider applying for a visiting position. More information on the accompanying workshops will follow shortly.
- I am looking for undergraduate and graduate students interested in mathematical statistics and its aspects related to combinatorics, convex analysis, and tensors. For recent PhD graduates: There are open calls for postdoctoral positions at UofT - see here, here and here (the latter is particularly suitable for underrepresented groups).
- GOLAZO R package for a general assymetric regularization of the log-likelihood in Gaussian graphical models.
To install, just call
Math to the people (four axioms of Federico Ardila):
- Axiom 1. Mathematical potential is distributed equally among different groups, irrespective of geographic, demographic, and economic boundaries.
- Axiom 2. Everyone can have joyful, meaningful, and empowering mathematical experiences.
- Axiom 3. Mathematics is a powerful, malleable tool that can be shaped and used differently by various communities to serve their needs.
- Axiom 4. Every student deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.